The Best Doritos Casserole
This Doritos casserole is layers of crushed Doritos tortilla chips, ground beef, cream of chicken, cream of celery, jalapeno's and cheese, all baked together to golden brown perfection. With it's mild heat, and a twist in ingredients you will be amazed how incredible this Taco Doritos Casserole really is, Don't have Doritos? Use this filling for burritos, or a dip. Holy cow, it's that good!
You Will Need
1 Family Size Bag of Doritos
1 Pound Sausage
1 Pound Hamburger
2 TBSP Oil
1 TBSP Onion Powder
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Salt
1 Package Taco Seasoning
1 Package Chili Seasoning
1 can Cream of Celery
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1/2 Heaping Cup Sour Cream
1 Can Hunts Fire Roasted Tomatoes
2 TBSP diced Jalapenos (optional)
Instant Pot/Oven Dorito Casserole Directions
1. Start by turning your sauté on, add oil, hamburger and sausage, dice onion, and seasonings. cook until meat is almost brown and onions are half way translucent.
2. Add fire roasted tomatoes, (do not drain,) chili seasoning, taco seasoning and 1/2 cups water. (let cook about 5 min)
3. Add cream of mushroom, cream of celery, diced jalapenos and mix well.
Note: Using 1 TBSP Jalapenos will make it mild, using 2 TBSP Jalapenos will make it spicy.
4. To a casserole dish, add slightly crushed Doritos, then a layer of meat mixture, then 1 cup cheese (repeat layer) ending with chips and then cheese on top. I added 1 1/2 cup cheese to the top. Bake for 30 min covered, uncover and bake an additional 10 min.
Dorito Casserole Tips
You want to crush your chips into 1/2 inch pieces – if you make them too small, they’ll turn into mush in the casserole.
You can use any flavor Doritos you like, I typically make this dish with the nacho cheese flavored chips.
I used fiesta cheese for this casserole
You can garnish your casserole with a variety of toppings. sour cream, diced tomatoes. Other great options are chopped cilantro, olives and avocado.
Crock Pot Dorito Casserole Directions
1. On your stove top in a skillet, add hamburger and sausage, dice onion, and seasonings. Saute until meat is barely pink and onions are half way translucent. (drain)
2. Add Meat and onions to your crock pot
3. Add drained fire roasted tomatoes, chili seasoning, taco seasoning, soups and 3/4 cups water. Add diced Jalapeno's and mix well
Cook on low 4 hours
4. When done, add sour cream, chips and 2 cups cheese and mix well. Add remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Place lid on and let sit 10 min until cheese melts.
What can you serve with Dorito Casserole?
A side Salad
Please consider donating to keep our site up and running.