Sausage Doritos Casserole
This Doritos casserole is layered with crushed Doritos tortilla chips, country sausage, cream of celery, jalapeno's and cheese and sour cream, all baked together to golden brown perfection. With it's mild heat, and a twist in ingredients you will be amazed how incredible this Taco bake Dorito Casserole really is, Don't have Doritos? Use this filling for burritos, or a dip. Holy cow, it's that good!
You Will Need
1 Bag of Doritos
1 Pound Sausage
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Package Taco Seasoning
1 can Cream of Celery
1/3 Heaping Cup Sour Cream
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (un-drained)
1 TBSP diced Jalapenos (optional)
1. Start by turning your sauté on, add oil, (Stove Top medium heat) sausage, dice onion, and seasonings. cook until meat is almost brown and onions are half way translucent.
2. Add tomatoes, (do not drain,) taco seasoning and 1/2 cups water. (let cook about 5 min)
Instant Pot/Oven Dorito Casserole Directions
3. Add cream of celery, diced jalapenos and and sour cream mix well.
Note: Using 1 TBSP Jalapenos will make it mild, using 2 TBSP Jalapenos will make it spicy.
4. To a casserole dish, add slightly crushed Doritos, then a layer of meat mixture, then 1 cup cheese (repeat layer) ending with Cheese. Bake 20 minutes uncovered, then broil for 5 to 6 minutes (for a golden top)
Dorito Casserole Tips
You want to crush your chips into 1/2 inch pieces – if you make them too small, they’ll turn into mush in the casserole.
You can use any flavor Doritos you like, I typically make this dish with the nacho cheese flavored chips.
I used fiesta cheese for this casserole
You can garnish your casserole with a variety of toppings. sour cream, diced tomatoes. Other great options are chopped cilantro, olives and avocado.
Crock Pot Dorito Casserole Directions
1. On your stove top in a skillet, add hamburger and sausage, dice onion, and seasonings. Saute until meat is barely pink and onions are half way translucent. (drain)
2. Add Meat and onions to your crock pot
3. Add tomatoes, taco seasoning, soup and 1/2 cups water. Add diced Jalapeno's and mix well
Cook on low 4 hours
4. When done, add sour cream, chips and 2 cups cheese and mix well. Add remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Place lid on and let sit 10 min until cheese melts.
What can you serve with Dorito Casserole?
A side Salad
Please consider donating to keep our site up and running.