How to make Dill Pickles
Never miss a recipe Sign up today to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
We will never sell or distribute your email to anyone else.
You Will Need
1 TB Lemon Juice
3 1/2 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Package Mrs. Wage Dill PIckle
7 1/3 cup Water
1 Butter knife OR Air Bubble Remover
Dill Pickles is one of the easiest canning foods to make. I love this recipe because it’s EASY to make. We use Mrs. Wage Dill Pickle Mix and honestly, we love it. Here I will show you how to water bath and can your own at home. I like to put up enough to have over winter, and next year when my cucumbers are ready to harvest, do it all again. I simply love canning and everything that goes with it.
We garden every year, but this year our garden didn't do so well, with all the rains this summer and scorching hot temps a lot of gardens just didn't make much if anything at all, I do hope you enjoy this recipe, it's simple, and your pickles will stay crisp!~
1. Start By washing cucumbers, and slicing with your pickle knife.
2. Place into a large bowl of water with lemon juice.
3. Wash all jars and seals with HOT soapy water.
4. Fill your canner with water, and place on the stove top
5. Turn on high until it starts to boil.
6. In another saucepan place your seals and rings into boiling water, boil for 10 min.
7. Place your Jars into your canner and boil those too for 10 min.
8. When jars are done fill each jar as full as you can get it with Sliced cucumbers. Fill them to the first ring on your jar.
9. Pack as tightly as you can get them.
10. Start making your brine while your jars are boiling,
11. Add vinegar, Mrs. Wage Dill Pickle, water and bring to a boil on medium heat.
12. Ladle vinegar mixture into jars with cucumbers.
13. Take your butter knife and remove all bubbles. Slide it down on all sides. 14. Wipe each rim on your jars with a paper towel to make sure it is free of all vinegar mixture and place your lids and seals on jars.
14. Process in the canner of boiling water for 15 min.
15. Once your jars are done processing remove them and set them on a kitchen towel and wait for each jar to seal. You will hear a ping when they have sealed.
Keywords- pickles,canning,canning for beginners,cucumbers,how do I can,how do I,how can I,how to can dill pickles recipe,how to can crunchy dill pickles,how to can kosher dill pickles,crispy garden pickles,tasty,six sisters,pressure luck,garden pickles recipe,pickle recipe cucumber,canning pickles for beginners,cucumbers and vinegar,beginner canning,how do I can pickles,water bathing pickles,water bath,what do i do with a lot of cucumbers
Please consider donating to keep our site up and running.