Old Fashion Split Pea Soup
Sometimes you want comfort food, hot, rich, and just reminds you of your childhood. This split pea soup does just that right in your instant pot. I used Turkey broth but you can substitute chicken broth for the great flavor and vitamins. Perfectly cooked peas with ham and carrots turn this dish into a comfort meal you will want to keep on hand. Old fashion and Delicious!
You Will Need
1 Pound Split Peas
8 Cups Turkey or Chicken Broth
3 Large Carrots
1 tsp Hickory, Bacon Seasoning
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 Cup Diced Ham
I used Smith Field Anytime Diced Ham.
1. Peel and cut carrots into rounds. (Larger rounds cut in half)
2. Add all ingredients to your instant pot.
3. Place your lid on, turn valve to sealing not venting.
4. Press manual (or pressure cook) for 12 minutes high pressure.
5. Instant Release, when pressure pin goes down, open your lid away from you.
Stir and Enjoy!~
Subscribe to my YouTube!
Subscribe to be entered into our instant pot give away! We are giving away a 3 qt, 6 qt or 8 qt,
You might also like
Zucchini, yellow squash Barley soup.
Please consider donating to keep our site up and running.