Every time I make Sausage Balls, I remember that 20 years ago, this was my youngest sons favorite foods (or one of them.) He could go through some sausage balls let me tell ya.. This recipe is simple and uses pancake mix. They go wonderful with syrup for a sweet treat in the morning. You can serve these with almost anything, French Toast, Waffles, Scrambled Eggs, Potato's etc. If you haven't tried Sausage Balls yet, let me know what you think about them in the comments..
You Will Need
1 Pound Jimmy Dean Sausage
1 Cup Pancake Mix
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1/2 Cup Milk
Note: Please use real cheddar cheese, Sometimes using pre-shredded cheese will make them go flat, the anti-clumping agent will have an effect on the shape of the balls.
1. In a large bowl place all ingredients
2. Mix well to combine
3. Using cookie scoop hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. (until golden brown)
other Recipes You might Like
Sausage Ball Tips
1. Spray hands with oil to keep sausage ball mixture off your hands
2. Jimmy Dean Sausage is the best to use, but you can also use Country Sausage.
3. Since these are a great party food, plan ahead. Roll them up and freeze on baking sheets until firm. Then plop them into resealable plastic freezer bags and store for up to 1 month. Bake as needed, no defrosting required, at 350°F for 25 to 30
4. STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
5. Skip the pre shredded cheese for this recipe. The coating they put on pre shredded cheese can make your sausage balls go flat and not be in a ball form.
6. Use a cookie scoop to make even sized sausage balls. Scoop out the mix and then roll in your hands to form a ball
7. Layer parchment paper on top of any baking sheet to avoid any sticking to the pan
Love my recipes? Become a sponsor to our site for $1.00!